and listen to other episodes. #1 in iTunes for Alternative Health!
My guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Laura Shanley, the author of Unassisted Childbirth and is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in the natural-birth movement. She also works with women on a one-on-one basis, providing childbirth counsel and emotional support before, during and after pregnancy.
In this episode, we will cover:
- How Laura came to realization that she could birth her own 3 children by herself, at home, without any medical supervision (**I misspoke in the recording of the episode that Laura had 3 unassisted births-it should have been 5)
- What books and resources she read to be certain that she could do this and that you could read to have a more natural, powerful birth
- Which 3 negative emotions she believes are the greatest contributor to rising c-section rates and medical interventions in birth
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Laura Shanley’s website: www.unassistedchildbirth.com
- a link to get her book: Unassisted Childbirth in Amazon
About Laura Shanley:
Laura Shanley is an author, speaker, and childbirth consultant widely recognized as one of the leading voices in the natural-birth movement.
Laura is the author of Unassisted Childbirth (Third Edition, 2016) and maintains a website dedicated to promoting natural birth: www.unassistedchildbirth.com.
Her expertise is frequently sought out by television and movie production companies, and she has been featured in media outlets such as ABC News, 20/20, The Doctors, the Discovery Channel, the New York Times and the Washington Post.
She also works with women on a one-on-one basis, providing childbirth counsel and emotional support before, during and after pregnancy.