and listen to other episodes. #1 in iTunes for Alternative Health!
My guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Carole Osborne is a San Diego-based massage therapist, author, course developer and instructor of somatic arts and sciences. Expecting a baby is usually joyful, but it is also stressful and can be uncomfortable. Prenatal massage therapy uses techniques designed specifically to address pregnancy’s challenges.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the long list of benefits that massage therapy can offer a woman during pregnancy-relaxation, better sleep, easier birth are a few).
- how a prenatal massage is different from a regular massage and what to expect (a side lying massage can be very comfortable and can teach you how to sleep better at night too).
- what contraindications for massage you should be aware of in pregnancy and how a trained prenatal massage therapist can work with them (varicose veins is only one of them).
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Carole Osborne’s website: http://bodytherapyeducation.com/
- how to find a trained prenatal massage therapist in your area: Nationwide certification listing
About Carole Osborne:
Carole Osborne is a San Diego-based massage therapist, author, course developer and instructor of somatic arts and sciences.