#1 in iTunes in “Alternative Health” AND “Kids & Family”!
My guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Michel Odent, world renowned obstetrician and pioneer in the natural birth moment for bringing home-like birthing rooms and birthing pools in maternity hospitals.
In this episode (Part 1 of 2), we will cover:
- Dr. Odent explains his famous quotable quote: “To change the world, we must first change the way babies are being born.”
- The “Primal Period” = prenatal life, the birth and the first year of life – and how if affects the rest of that person’s life.
- How the “cocktail of love hormones” can be released and how it makes for a better birth.
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Michel Odent’s website: www.wombecology.com
- Primal Health Research database: www.primalhealthresearch.com
About Dr. Michel Odent:
Dr. Michel Odent has been in charge of the surgical and obstetrical units at the Pithiviers state hospital in France (1962-1985) and is the founder of the Primal Health Research Centre (London).
He introduced in the 1970s the concepts of home-like birthing rooms and birthing pools in maternity hospitals. He is the author of the first article in the medical literature about the initiation of lactation during the hour following birth and of the first article about the use of birthing pools (Lancet 1983).
He created the Primal Health Research database (www.primalhealthresearch.com) and is the author of 15 books published in 23 languages including: Childbirth and the Evolution of Homo Sapiens, The Scientification of Love, Primal Health: Understanding the Critical Period Between Conception and the First Birthday and Birth Reborn: What Childbirth Should Be.