#1 in iTunes in “Alternative Health” AND “Kids & Family”!
Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Penny Simkin, a physical therapist, educator and doula who has specialized in childbirth education and labor support since 1968 and the author of “The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions”.
In this episode, we will cover:
- what 48 years of childbirth education has taught her when it comes to dealing with soon-to-be parents when labor starts
- why a doula is so important for both the woman and the birth parter (and the baby)
- what her book, “The Birth Partner” covers and how it can help the birth process go smoother
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Penny’s website: www.pennysimkin.com
- DONA International (Doula Services): http://www.dona.org/
- The Birth Partner book – (buy it here on Amazon)
About Penny Simkin:
Penny Simkin, PT, is a physical therapist who has specialized in childbirth education and labor support since 1968.
She estimates she has prepared over 14,000 women, couples, and siblings for childbirth. She is author or co-author of books for both parents and professionals, including “The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions”.
Penny and her husband, Peter, have four grown children and eight grandchildren from 11 to 28 years of age, two grandchildren-in-laws, and a pug, Lola.