and listen to other episodes. #1 in iTunes for Alternative Health!
Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Alyssa Berlin, prenatal and postpartum clinical psychologist, childbirth educator and doula.
In this episode, we will cover:
- How parenthood has changed and how it places more stress on new parents
- the “Golden Question” to ask yourself that will tell you the difference between “baby blues” and post-partum depression
- self-care tools that will help you and your partner maintain your connection as you bring baby home and begin a new phase of life together
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- the AfterBirth Plan Workshop
- ***enter code HEALTHYBIRTHS to receive a 10% discount on the live Skype workshop
Bio: About Dr. Alyssa Berlin
Dr. Alyssa Berlin is a prenatal and postpartum clinical psychologist, childbirth educator and doula. Dr. Berlin works specifically with women and their partners on issues such as anxiousness and emotional fluctuation during pregnancy, postpartum blues and depression, and the complex issues that can arise between and around new and expectant parents.
Dr. Berlin offers the internationally acclaimed Bringing Baby Home workshop. Along with her husband, Dr. Elliot Berlin, Dr. Alyssa teaches a one day childbirth education crash course once a month. Dr. Berlin is the creator of The AfterBirth Plan Workshop, a program that prepares couples for what to expect when the baby is born.
Dr. Berlin is on the Board of Advisors for International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN) and Pregnancy Awareness Month. Dr. Berlin is a contributing expert writer for TwigTale. You can read Dr. Alyssa’s blogs on the Huffington Post where she contributes to PBS’s ‘This Emotional Life” project. Dr. Alyssa and her husband, prenatal chiropractor Dr. Elliot Berlin live in Los Angeles and are the proud parents of four amazing children.