First of all, THANK YOU for being a part of the “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” podcast. I am excited to have you as my next guest and I want this to be a fun, enjoyable as well as impactful experience for you.
If you haven’t had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, you can check out our episodes in iTunes here: Healthy Births, Happy Babies Podcast.
I have put this information together for you so that the logistics and technical parts of our interview are as easy as possible. Then we can get right to the sharing of your great content.
Before our scheduled time:
- You will get a confirmation email from Calendly with the time and date of our interview.
- Before our scheduled time (a few days before at least please), I will need from you the following things:
- Personal/Professional BIO (100 words max)
- Headshot (in JPG format)
*These will be displayed on our website on a page dedicated to our discussion
- Your Skype ID (or a phone number you would like me to call you on)
- I will be recording our interview via Skype. If you do not already have Skype set up on your computer, you can learn how to do so here: Skype for Computer
- My Skype ID: DrJayWarren
- For you to sound your best on the recording, I recommend using a headset or earbuds. This is an AUDIO interview only.
- If doing the interview on Skype is not possible for you, please let me know in advance what phone number you’d like me to call you on (ground line is best, cell phones don’t sound as good).
Here’s how we can make the best of your “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” appearance:
- I will record the brief introduction of you and to our interview topic in post editing and insert it into the podcast later. This means that you won't have to sit there listening to the welcome and introduction stuff. When we're ready, we can get right into the material when we’re on Skype together.
- When we’re ready to start, I will press RECORD and welcome you on as my guest. I will ask you to elaborate a little more on your Bio and tell us more about yourself so our listeners can connect to you as a person as well. Then tell us how you became interested in pregnancy, childbirth, baby care, etc. and the work you do (if not already covered).
- Our conversation will then turn to the particular topic of our interview. We will dive into how the message of your work, the services you offer, your expertise, book, etc. can help our pregnant women/new mom/new dad listeners. We will have chosen the topic already.
- At the end of our discussion, I will ask you to tell our listeners how they can learn more about what we talked about and how they can connect/contact you.
- To close our conversation, I like to ask all of my guests two questions, one for our moms/moms-to-be/listener and one for our babies:
a) “What is the one thing that you would like for all of our moms/moms-to-be/listener to hear and really take to heart right now?
b) “If you could whisper one thing, one message/piece of wisdom into the ear of the little baby whose parent is listening right now, what would it be?”
- Then a “Thank you” and we’ll sign off.
- I’ll end the recording but we’ll hang on the line for a few minutes for a post-chat.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions prior to our scheduled time so we can work out any kinks or to make sure that we are on the same page.
Thank you again. I’m excited for our conversation!
P.S. After our interview, I will notify you when your podcast interview will be “live” in iTunes and send you links so you can share it with your community as well.
P.P.S. Here is a recent episode for you to listen to for you to listen to the typical flow I do on my podcast if you'd rather listen to an example:
Podcast 084: The Lost Art of Natural Parenting with Tracy Gillett of RaisedGood.com