Sometimes, despite your best efforts to stay healthy, your body can get overwhelmed with stress and you do eventually get sick. But do not worry. There are simple, natural things you can do to help your body fight the infection so you can start feeling better as soon as possible.
If you’re starting to feel a tickle in the back of your throat, a runny or stuffy nose or if you’re just feeling a bit more run down and tired than usual and you think you might be getting sick, this is what you can do.
I’m Getting Sick! What Do I Do Now?
- Drink lots of fluids to help flush your system. Avoid sweetened drinks or juices since sugar depletes your Immune System and allows bacteria and viruses to grow more easily.
- Get more rest. Your body needs its energy to fight off whatever is trying to take over your system so take it easy and sleep more.
- Take a warm shower. This will increase your body temperature slightly and produce mild fever-like conditions to help kill off pathogens. It also increases your circulation allowing your white blood cells to come in better contact with the foreign invaders.
- Eat less sugar, dairy and grains. Each of these foods hinders your Immune System function. Plus, your body uses a lot of energy digesting food, which could be used by your defenses to fight off the infection.
- Take Colloidal Silver.
Colloidal silver has been used for centuries for its antimicrobial effects in fighting infections. It is used in hospitals by wound care nurses and has been shown to enhance the effectiveness of antibiotics. (1-2)
Colloidal silver has also been shown to kill off the deadly, flesh-eating Staphylococcus aureus and other deadly antibiotic resistant superbugs. (3-4)
If taken for short periods of time, colloidal silver can be used to boost your Immune System and give your body the upper hand when you are starting to feel symptoms coming on.
I have been using colloidal silver myself for years. It has saved me dozens of times from getting full blown sick and has allowed me to recover much more quickly than if I didn’t take it. It is now my “go to item” as soon as I feel a scratchy throat, a stuffy nose or generally just feel lowered energy levels because my body is trying to fight off something.
Take a 2-ounce “loading dose” as soon as you feel symptoms beginning.
Wait 4 hours, and then start taking 2 droppers full every hour until symptoms cease or until you’ve consumed a total of 4 ounces.
- Current Science Oct 2006; 91(7): 926-929
- Nanomedicine June 2007; 3(2): 168-171
- Colloids Surf B Bio Oct 2007; 59(2): 171-178
- J Phys Chem B Aug 2006; 110(33): 16248-53