Your body will go through dramatic changes during pregnancy. The Innate Intelligence that grows and develops one fertilized egg into your beautiful, healthy baby in just 9 months is coordinated by your nervous system.
Chiropractic care for your spine and nervous system allows your pregnancy to be as healthy and comfortable as possible so your baby can be as healthy as possible.As your baby grows and develops, a lot of stress is placed on your spine and pelvis. As your baby grows bigger with each passing month, it changes your center of gravity dramatically. This increases your spinal curves, alters your posture and makes it more difficult to move and stay balanced.
In addition, the hormone relaxin is also starting to be secreted by your body to prepare your pelvis for delivery. Relaxin loosens the ligaments to allow the birth canal to open as much as possible for your baby to pass through safely.
But with this increased flexibility, come problems with stability of your joints and increased tension in your muscles. This can aggravate previous joint injuries and can worsen existing pelvic imbalances.
Chiropractic care helps your body stay balanced and in alignment. Gentle adjustments keep your nervous system as stress-free as possible so it can coordinate and adapt to all of these changes during pregnancy (and beyond).
Pregnant women under chiropractic care benefit from:
- Less back pain
- Reduced pelvic and round ligament discomfort
- Reduction in preeclampsia
- Prevention, detection and correction of breech positioning and transverse lie
- Shorter labor times
- Less back labor
- Reduced need for medication and other delivery interventions
- Decreased C-section rates
- More comfort with breastfeeding
- Greater production of breast milk
- Less incidence of post-partum depression
- Quicker recovery from labor and delivery