and listen to other episodes. #1 in iTunes for Alternative Health!
My guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Adrienne Carmack, a board-certified urologist and mother of three children. She is an expert in the issues surrounding circumcision and the author of The Good Mommy’s Guide to Her Little Boy’s Penis.
In this episode, we will cover:
- what Dr. Carmack’s research into the health benefits of circumcision revealed and why she doesn’t recommend the procedure to her patients anymore.
- the normal physiologic function and purpose of the foreskin and what circumcised boys/men loose from having it removed
- current worldwide and US trends in circumcision rates
- answers to the emotional issues parents deal with of “looking like daddy” and “looking different in the locker room”
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- The American Academy of Pediatrics policy statement on circumcision: https://four.libsyn.com/content_edit/index/mode/episode
- a link to get her book: The Good Mommy’s Guide to Her Little Boy’s Penis in Amazon
- for more information about the risk and benefits of Circumcision: www.circumcisionharm.org
About Dr. Adrienne Carmack:
Adrienne Carmack, MD is a board-certified urologist and mother of three children, all of whom were born outside of a hospital and none of whom are circumcised. She is the author of Reclaiming My Birth Rights: A Mother’s Wisdom Triumphs Over the Harmful Practices of Her Medical Profession and The Good Mommy’s Guide to Her Little Boy’s Penis.