and listen to other episodes. #1 in iTunes for Alternative Health!
My guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Adriana Lozada, a certified Advanced Birth Doula, a postpartum educator, a healthy sleep consultant and eco-maternity consultant. Adriana is also the host of the Birthful Podcast in iTunes.
In this episode, we will cover:
- What your partner really wants from you while in labor
- How to use your B.R.A.I.N. (a 5 step process) when you need to make decisions in the hospital during labor
- Which checklists you should have with you in the hospital so you don’t forget anything while you’re there
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Adriana’s website: www.Birthful.com
- a link to the free Labor Positions Cheat Sheet on her site
- the link to The Birth Partner’s Ultimate Labor Support Toolkit (listen to the episode for a special discount offer code)
About Adriana Lozada:
Adriana Lozada’s background is multi-layered and multi-cultural. A former print and online editor from Venezuela, the birth of her daughter sparked her passion for being a birth advocate, leading her to open Birthful: a company that helps new and expectant parents take on whatever maternity sends their way.
She is a certified Advanced Birth Doula (DONA International), a postpartum educator, a healthy sleep consultant and eco-maternity consultant. Adriana is also the host of the Birthful Podcast, where she talks to amazing, knowledgeable, and passionate birth professionals every week, to help new and expectant parents inform their intuition, so they can have more rewarding pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experiences.
Adriana is the author of the best-selling pregnancy guide (in Spanish), “Soy de Pura Madre”. More recently, she created the “Birth Partner’s Ultimate Labor Support Toolkit” to help expectant dads provide truly helpful support during the birth process, while finding their confidence to go from clueless to “I’ve got this”.
Adriana lives in Rochester, NY with her husband and 11 year old daughter.