#1 in iTunes in “Alternative Health” AND “Kids & Family”!
Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Anna Verwaal, a maternal-child health nurse, conscious conception & birth consultant, and birth & postpartum doula instructor from the Netherlands who has worked in the US for the last 25 years.
In this episode, we will cover:
- how the mother’s stress hormones cross the placenta and affect the baby’s physical development
- the research that shows how babies can remember their birth
- how these “womb imprints” and “birth imprints” can affect the baby’s psychological expression as children and as adults
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Anna’s website: www.FromWombToWorld.com
- Anna’s TED Talk on the psychological impact of birth: Anna’s TEDTalk
- the Association of Pre and Perinatal Psychology & Health – www.Birthpsychology.com
About Anna Verwaal:
Anna is a maternal-child health nurse, conscious conception & birth consultant, birth & postpartum doula instructor, UCLA certified lactation educator, and birth photographer from the Netherlands who has worked in the US for the last 25 years.
After a long nursing career in various obstetrical and home-health settings she preferred to work with families and babies privately and started her own birth consulting practice.
She currently travels internationally to lecture and teach workshops for birth professionals and doulas about the cellular memory of the birth experience, the physiological & hormonal blueprint for birth & bonding and the deeply psychological, emotional and spiritual aspects of giving birth.